Oh dear, it's started already....
A recent evening visit to undertake the weekly big shop to Morrisons is - somewhat bizarrely - fast becoming one of my favourite things. It is usually quiet, so I can take my time and squeeze as many melons as I damn well please as well as enjoying the simple pleasure of weaving my trolley across the entirety of an aisle without decapitating a straying toddler.
However, all that was ruined this evening by the unwelcome and premature appearance of chocolate advent calendars. It's September-the-freakin-8th!! Good Lord!! We've got Halloween and Bonfire night in between now and C.........I can't even bring myself to say it.
Down another aisle....C...festive chocolates and treats!! It has been 20 degrees outside this week and as I type my friendly neighbourhood crown green bowlers are out playing in t-shirts under floodlights. They're not thinking about the December-fest!
So, what's to be done? Yes, you who clearly has far too much time on their hands judging by the fact that you're reading this drivel? I say ban all mentions/adverts/propaganda of the 25th December until the 1st December and that way we can make at least one month of the year really special rather than trying to stretch it out over a third of the year.
Who's with me?!
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening, In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, We're happy tonight. Walking in a winter wonderland...
ReplyDelete